Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Five Years Later

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/09/five_years_later_lessons_learn.html


September 11, 2006
Five Years Later: Lessons Learned
By Peter Wehner

Five years ago today, Americans opened their newspapers to read front page stories in The New York Times with these headlines: "School Dress Codes vs. a Sea of Bare Flesh" and "In a Nation of Early Risers, Morning TV Is a Hot Market." The front page of The Washington Post included stories on the EPA tightening rules on arsenic in water and a poll that focused on tax cuts. And at 8:41 a.m. I sent an e-mail to my colleague Michael J. Gerson, who was then the chief speechwriter to President Bush. I reported to Mike on the senior staff meeting we had earlier in the morning (Mike was working from home and as his deputy, I attended the meeting in his place). The first sentence of my e-mail said this: "Very little of note happened."....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?