Friday, February 10, 2006
Stones at the Superbowl
Here's what happened; this is from a music list-serv. I am eliminating some of the names:
"I worked a couple of sessions with some of my buddies....just like everyone here, the conversation finally drifted to the Stones performance and Bobby XXXX offered some unusual insight...He spoke with Chuck Levelle ( the stoneskeyboard player) after the gig and was asking him some of the same questionswe were wondering about........Chuck told an intersting side to the story (i don't have all the small details ) but the long and short of it is this.... it supposedly sounded killer at soundcheck...
"But for one reason or another the setting weren't stored in the console .....and literally at the moment that they kicked in that night , it was just throw the faders up and flyblind! to acentuate what was aready a disaster the monitor system blew andnone of the monitors surrounding the stage worked either....so you heard sixguys on live TV duke it out for 13 minutes in hell!!!! ....With that said, I think once this story makes the rounds thru the musicbizz, I would venture to say that we've seen our last live performance at the superbowl...."
"I worked a couple of sessions with some of my buddies....just like everyone here, the conversation finally drifted to the Stones performance and Bobby XXXX offered some unusual insight...He spoke with Chuck Levelle ( the stoneskeyboard player) after the gig and was asking him some of the same questionswe were wondering about........Chuck told an intersting side to the story (i don't have all the small details ) but the long and short of it is this.... it supposedly sounded killer at soundcheck...
"But for one reason or another the setting weren't stored in the console .....and literally at the moment that they kicked in that night , it was just throw the faders up and flyblind! to acentuate what was aready a disaster the monitor system blew andnone of the monitors surrounding the stage worked either....so you heard sixguys on live TV duke it out for 13 minutes in hell!!!! ....With that said, I think once this story makes the rounds thru the musicbizz, I would venture to say that we've seen our last live performance at the superbowl...."