Thursday, July 14, 2005
Lightning Fast
This dial-up Internet I am using here in Orlando is faster than any DSL I ever used in HCMC. Wow! It almost posts messages before I am finished writing them.
For me it is just a personal convenience. But imagine a country with slow Internet connections everywhere. How much does that impede business and information flow? How much money and work hours are lost every year? Likewise, how much fuel, time and money are lost from narrow, crowded highways? Or how about decisions--how many lost opportunities from sticky bureaucracy and bogged down permit processes?
For me it is just a personal convenience. But imagine a country with slow Internet connections everywhere. How much does that impede business and information flow? How much money and work hours are lost every year? Likewise, how much fuel, time and money are lost from narrow, crowded highways? Or how about decisions--how many lost opportunities from sticky bureaucracy and bogged down permit processes?