Saturday, July 09, 2005

 

Calico's Journey

Our kitty Calico got onto an ANA flight in Ho Chi Minh City on Friday night and she arrived at Reagan National Airport almost 30 hours later. She was fed and watered and had a stopover in Tokyo. Mr. Nhut and the airport people looked at her papers, smiled and said nice things to make her feel better.

Now she is lying on the bed in Grandma's house in Maryland, still a bit dazed by the trip half way around the world, oblivious to the large doe that just walked by Grandma's bedroom window.

Oh yeah, I made the trip too. I was watered by Mr. Chau and Mr. Khoi at a special room at the HCMC airport, and William and other friends came to see me off at home and at the airport. And I was fed on the airplane, and Mr. Nhut and the airport people looked at my papers and said nice things to make me feel better.

And very soon I am going to be collapsed on the couch watching a re-run of Seinfeld and catching up on a week's worth of stateside-edition Wall Street Journals.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?