Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

Moving Out

I was lying on the couch early this morning watching a Seinfeld episode ("The Movie") when two guys arrived at our front door and took all our living room furniture. It's nice rattan stuff, but not at all suitable for Korea, so we sold it for a hundred bucks (probably a tenth of its value in the States). After they took the stuff out I swept away dust bunnies, pistachio shells, a La Vie water bottle cap and a blue crayon. Lots of room now for Callie to peddle her tricycle around.

I have always enjoyed the house before the household effects arrive and after they're gone. It reminds me of a Buddhist friend's house in Springfield VA. They belong to an ultra-serious temple and they have gradually been giving away their household belongings over the past decade. The first time I visited they had given away their living room set. Last time I was there they had no dining room table. It was GREAT, so much wall-to-wall carpeting and space for the kids to go nuts in.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?