Thursday, June 30, 2005
Fail As Hard As You Can
When I was young I wouldn't even try something I knew I would not be good at. So I stayed away from sports, singing, math and science.
Nowadays I relish doing hard things, even if poorly. I run several times a week, even though I rarely get below and eight minute mile. I read science magazines, even though I don't grasp all of the theory behind the new ideas and innovations. And I forced myself through finance classes at Johns Hopkins as aprt of my MBA program.
So my advice is: do poorly at hard stuff and feel proud about it.
Nowadays I relish doing hard things, even if poorly. I run several times a week, even though I rarely get below and eight minute mile. I read science magazines, even though I don't grasp all of the theory behind the new ideas and innovations. And I forced myself through finance classes at Johns Hopkins as aprt of my MBA program.
So my advice is: do poorly at hard stuff and feel proud about it.