Sunday, March 20, 2005
30th anniversaries
'05 is a big year because of the 30th anniversary of the reunification of Vietnam. I'm extra busy blah blah blah...Another '75 occasion I think of is how that was the year when I really began listening to music on the radio. Sure, before '75 I was listening to some album rock like Brian Eno and Gentle Giant, but I really opened my ears up to what he rest of America was listening in '75. It's my watershed musical year--all music made before '75 seems 'before my time,' and everything after that seems like something I personally experienced, except for gaps when we were overseas and totally out of touch (like 1994-5 in Tunisia).
When was YOUR year of musical awakening?
By the way, welcome to M. from the West Coast, who is here for a big conference!
When was YOUR year of musical awakening?
By the way, welcome to M. from the West Coast, who is here for a big conference!