Saturday, December 25, 2004

 

U2 Revolution on a Two-inch Box

So my secret agenda throughout this trip (ignoring the serious things like medical appointments and a wedding) was getting an Apple iPod. I picked up the U2 special edition, black and red in the front and the etched signatures of the band members on the back. It can hold 4000 songs (i have loaded 375 so far) and when in shuffle it feels like being in music heaven. This morning I heard a cut from Sun Ra's lost years CD (spooky ethereal experimental music from the 1960s) followed by a Charlie Pride (country western) tune and then Velvet Revolver's new one, "Falls to Pieces." And on and on.

When I get back to Saigon I am going to upload every Marshall Crenshaw and NRBQ I own. I grabbed my son's Linkin Park and Eminem albums and already have them up and running.

And I heard a line from my favorite album of 2004, "American Idiot" by Green Day: I'm not part of your redneck agenda.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?