Saturday, December 25, 2004
All for the Ukraine
Ate lunch at a great Ukrainian diner in the East Village yesterday with our amazing friend Mike, a life coach and--his latest service--student advisor. He analyzed Cal's situation in the few minutes it took to walk from Union Square to Second Avenue, and gave him a wonderful amount of encouragement and advice. For free! Can't imagine what he charges his paying clients--the latest include the family that owns one of the largest business centers in America.
We had Ukrainian dumplings and hot beet and beef soup and stuffed cabbage. Really great on that 20F day. Funny ting was trying to talk to the waiters. I turned to Mike and said, "What I love about New York is how everything is turned upside-down; it is one of the few places in America where you're talking to a white person n English and they have no idea what you're saying."
We had Ukrainian dumplings and hot beet and beef soup and stuffed cabbage. Really great on that 20F day. Funny ting was trying to talk to the waiters. I turned to Mike and said, "What I love about New York is how everything is turned upside-down; it is one of the few places in America where you're talking to a white person n English and they have no idea what you're saying."