Thursday, November 18, 2004

 

FW: Vinos and miscellaneous notes



> Chile, as you may already know, has some of the best wines in the world. I hope to take home intact a nice selection from the vineyard I visited. I also just picked up a bottle of Chandon sparkling wine for only $10. It is about $25 or more back in the States (just in a store, not in a restaurant).
>
> I'm reading Dune: Battle of Corin for a few minutes before going to work each day.
>
> The hotel management kept trying to put me on the shuttle bus for the Vietnamese delegation this morning. Would have been funny if I had actually ridden it.
>
> I had a very exotic lunch...well, at least for me from HCMC. Went to the local Ruby Tuesday and had a huge plate of quesadillas.
>
> Filing centers are up, anti-globalization protesters are around (but I haven't seen any), everyone is getting psyched up for the big visitors. Someone called in a bomb threat to the subway system yesterday and they had to evacuate it. Students clashed with armored personnel carriers out at a university in the beach town of Valparaiso.
>
>
>
>

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?