Saturday, October 09, 2004
Debate #2
A couple of friends came over to watch the second Presidential debate with me. Eight p.m. back in St. Louis meant eight a.m. here, so we served up coffee and Vietnamese crepes and our friends brought coffee cake. One Vietnamese friend had just returned from two years in the Boston area as a visiting Fulbright Scholar, so he had more insights into the race than I did.
Was anyone surprised by Kerry's admant 'yes' when asked if he would hold the line on taxes for incomes under $200,000 a year? Was anyone else surprised at the energy and animation President Bush exhibited? This was a very good format--out and walking around--I would have liked to have seen Edwards and Cheney face off with that format.
Was anyone surprised by Kerry's admant 'yes' when asked if he would hold the line on taxes for incomes under $200,000 a year? Was anyone else surprised at the energy and animation President Bush exhibited? This was a very good format--out and walking around--I would have liked to have seen Edwards and Cheney face off with that format.