Monday, June 28, 2004
It's the cool ride for Saigon!
From my friend Tom, who just made a truly original purchase:
OK, I know, not all of you are as excited as I am
about owning an original, fully restored, 45-year old,
French, motorized bicycle. But anyways, here are 2
pictures of my latest pride and joy, my Mobylette
AV44.
OK, I know, not all of you are as excited as I am
about owning an original, fully restored, 45-year old,
French, motorized bicycle. But anyways, [you can email me for]e 2 pictures of my latest pride and joy, my Mobylette
AV44.
It has a 50cc, two-stroke engine that makes a
distinctive rattling, firecracker-like sound. One
speed, automatic. The top speed is about 55-60
km/hour, roughly 35 miles/hour. And it handles like a
dream.
ALL kinds of fellow commuters have been STARING at it
since I've been driving it around since Wednesday.
Old, not-so-old, young, very young, male, female,
people driving $7,000 Honda's (the average person
makes $125 a month) have been staring and asking
questions. Some of the younger admirers think that it
is a brand-new kind of vehicle, just out in the
market. The older gentlemen particularly like it
because it reminds them of their younger days.
You can email Tom for a photo of his baby at
iamthomastuan@yahoo.com
OK, I know, not all of you are as excited as I am
about owning an original, fully restored, 45-year old,
French, motorized bicycle. But anyways, here are 2
pictures of my latest pride and joy, my Mobylette
AV44.
OK, I know, not all of you are as excited as I am
about owning an original, fully restored, 45-year old,
French, motorized bicycle. But anyways, [you can email me for]e 2 pictures of my latest pride and joy, my Mobylette
AV44.
It has a 50cc, two-stroke engine that makes a
distinctive rattling, firecracker-like sound. One
speed, automatic. The top speed is about 55-60
km/hour, roughly 35 miles/hour. And it handles like a
dream.
ALL kinds of fellow commuters have been STARING at it
since I've been driving it around since Wednesday.
Old, not-so-old, young, very young, male, female,
people driving $7,000 Honda's (the average person
makes $125 a month) have been staring and asking
questions. Some of the younger admirers think that it
is a brand-new kind of vehicle, just out in the
market. The older gentlemen particularly like it
because it reminds them of their younger days.
You can email Tom for a photo of his baby at
iamthomastuan@yahoo.com