Tuesday, June 01, 2004

 

Glenn and Helen

Among the many good experiences I have had while on this visit to the U.S. was the one that happened yesterday. I was glancing at the new "Cat in the Hat" DVD in a warehouse store when Glenn and Helen tapped me on the shoulder. They are old high school friends whom I last saw two decades ago. They had a brief high school relationship and, after two decades, they coincidentally re-met last year, and now they are engaged. Their eyes have gathered a few wrinkles around them and their hair is a bit thinner (like mine), but Glenn and Helen have a romantic spark in their faces that looks no less than it did when they were in school together in the 1970s. They invited me and Callie up to their house and on their boat, and I hope I can take them up on the offer before I leave. (They allowed me to use their names for this posting.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?