Monday, May 24, 2004

 

Spooky Teeth and the Ted Turner Look-alike

Calista went for 'happy time' at the dentist today (probably the same eumphemizer who came up with 'sleep management' to describe Iraqi prisoner treatment), and she only seems to have one cavity. Callie went berserk before we got to the dentist (barf lunchtime-pizza-on-Grandma's-carpet berserk) but she was docile and all smiley to the dentist and Flossy the parrot.

For her reward (yes, I had to bribe her to get here there) she netted a Sleeping Beauty costume and red plastic shoes. She insisted on wearing it to dinner tonight at the Press Club; on the way in a Mediterranean Ted Turner look-alike knelt down and gave her a high five and insisted she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. At the dinner table Callie leaned over and whispered to me, "I have a new boyfriend."

Just this morning she told me she dreamed she was kissing a boy--so yes, I am already getting Anxious Dad Syndrome.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?